Saturday, October 14, 2006

One time, in band camp.

Ok. Long time no post, sorry for the absence friends. It's been busy busy busy. In any event, the closing days of summer are here and the leaves are changing. I've taken to bundling myself in at least 3 layers of clothes before leaving the house and dashing helter skelter from home to car to school to car to home. I love the weather here, it's nice and cool and there's still some sun left so my runs through the park are breathtaking affairs of flitting sunlight through red, gold and yellow leaves and the soothing crunch of gravel under feet. The air is crisp, fresh and invigoratingly chilly and it quickly, gently kisses away any trace of prespiration or fatigue. It's a good reprieve from school and work; the mind is clear and the body is moving, primed to push itself to exhaustion, one leg after another, over and over, again and again, repeated until the protests of strained joints and fatigued muscles grow too loud to ignore. I love the endorphine rush at the end of a vigorous, hard run. Your skin burns from the cold and your breath is misting in the chilly air and the world is spinning slightly and your muscles are screaming their protests in none too subtle terms but oh, such a beautiful ache.

In any event, the past 2 weeks in pictures:

Nuremberg Conference. YOu've heard enough about it from me, these are the 3 prosecutors - Whitney Harris, Ben Ferencz and Henry King:





Taking advantage of the last days of summer, picnic at forest park. beautiful. We had intended to get some work done at the park but we all ended up falling fast asleep by the water.










Trip down memory lane - Bowling with the Asian Law Students Association. (Memory lane because that's what we used to do when we were younger but because I'd ever gone bowling with the ALSA before. But I'm sure you'd figured that out)














Jessup training - last week we decided that we were sick of school of we adjourned to Maguerite's house for curry and brainstorming. I love this bunch, Luke, Marguerite, Ashley and Rachel - every single one of them brilliant, passionate, friendly and wonderfully warm.

Marguerite worked for 2 years with the peacekeeping force in Kosovo. She speaks french and has a frenchy french boyfriend.



Luke has just gotten a clerkship with a judge on the 6th circuit court of appeals. Aspires to be an academic. Loves teaching.


Ashley. I've mentioned her before, straight talking, totally unlike her appearance. Amazes me with her strenght and tenacity.



Rachel. Went to music school, went to art school, lived on a boat in her early childhood. Parents worked with peacekeeping forces all over the world. Named her female cat Mr. Burns. Runs marathons. Has lost 5 toenails to running said marathons. Trying for an internship at the Hague.


Liangwei the noob.


Phew. So. that was the past two weeks. Next up: law school goes to the symphony! (yes cousin, this was just for you:))

3 Comments:

Blogger sam said...

u n shoko are SO DATING

12:37 PM  
Blogger Zhu!!! said...

I LOVE sniggerin' at comments!

heh heh

I'm BAAAACK here! You know what... I actually couldn't wait to leave SG and get my ass back to toronto.

I think, I should just find one cad guy and GET MARRIED AND HAVE 10,000 BABIES!

7:36 PM  
Blogger tipsyfaeries said...

zhu with 10,000 babies?! (now I love sniggerin' at comments!)

noob!! being sooper fit for meeeeeeee?!

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home